Discover the impact of CIS of Cumberland County staff
CIS staff in Cumberland County provide crucial supports to thousands of students in the community.
For over 30 years, Communities In Schools of Cumberland County has helped thousands of young people live up to their potential and make our community an even better place to live. Our success is a reflection of behaviors, principles, and practices that embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our staff:
- Serve in 7 schools
- Reach over 15,547 students with school-wide supports
- Provide targeted/intensive supports to 158 students
- Helped 443 parents and families
Last year, our staff helped our students meet their goals and achieve in life:
- 89% of students graduated
- 94% of students promoted to the next grade
- 83% of students met coursework goals
- 63% of students met behavioral goals
- 71% of students met coursework goals
When COVID-19 closed school buildings earlier in March, we were prepared. Our staff adapted and shifted to serve students virtually. In immediate response to the pandemic, we met the basic needs of our students and families — providing social-emotional supports, and virtually helping students meet their academics, behavior, and coursework goals.