Bridging relationships between schools, students and the community
At CISNC, we’re “all-in” for every student and will do whatever it takes to connect community resources, enhance educational success, and give every student a bright future. Our success centers on our commitment to building healthy, trusting relationships between adults and children – whether by providing homework help, behavioral intervention, counseling services and emotional support, or by meeting basic human needs such as food, clothing, and healthcare.
As part of the national Communities In Schools (CIS) network, Communities In Schools of North Carolina extends its resources and services to 18 independently operated affiliates across the state. This network approach ensures we can harness the power of community resources at national and state levels while connecting children, families and schools to public and private sector resources in the local community. True to our mission, we surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Established in 1989, Communities In Schools of North Carolina is having an impact. Our success is a reflection of behaviors, principles, and practices that embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Helping students graduate and succeed in life
We build strong, healthy and more economically stable communities to ensure that every child has the opportunity to reach his or her greatest potential.
- On-site staff that works directly with K-12 teachers to identify challenges students face in class or at home
- Coordinate with community partners to bring outside resources inside schools
- Proven approach tailored to individual student needs, situations, talents and abilities
- Jobs for North Carolina’s Graduates (JNCG) for 11th and 12th grade students provide graduation coaching, in-class learning, career exploration and job readiness training
- Reentry To Resilience (R2R) transitions kids from Youth Development Centers back into home, school and community environments
If we can help students in your schools to succeed, contact us.