Student Support Specialist- Fayetteville, NC
Communities in Schools of North Carolina and Nick Jarolds School are seeking a Student Support Specialist who will coordinate integrated student supports . The Student Support Specialist is responsible for overall program management and partnership development at a specific school site. The Student Support Specialist will use the CIS Model to identify and access the needs of identified at-risk youth (case managed students), while coordinating tiered interventions and supports to the whole school population. This is an 11 month position.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Accountability & Dependability: takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work with attention to details, adapts to changing needs, conditions, situations and displays openness to different or new ways of doing things and sees multiple perspectives
- Relationship builder: build constructive working relationships characterized by teamwork, cooperation, mutual respect, and relating well to others with students, school staff, multiple stakeholders and community partners
- Initiative: self-motivated to resolve issues, problems or situations prioritizing responsibilities to achieve results.
- Communication: excellent oral and written skills to communicate with a variety of audiences (e.g., teachers, principals, students, volunteers, and parents) in an effective manner; actively listen and engage multiple audiences; facilitate groups; ability to receive feedback.
- Analytical: examines data to understand issues, draw conclusions and solve problems; technically proficient with data management
- Planning and Organizing: identifies a sequence of tasks and resources needed to achieve goals and prioritizes action steps, timelines, sees potential challenges and opportunities to ensure expected outcomes; evaluates proposed actions
- Coordinate successful implementation of the Communities in Schools Model and quality and assurance standards
- Collaborate with school staff to assess, identify and prioritize student needs
- Coordinate and lead a School Support team, responsible for planning and managing all CIS operations at the school site
- Conduct an annual needs assessment using multiple sources of data, to be used as the foundation for the School Support Plan
- Develop comprehensive School Support Plan, noting interventions and supports using our model of Attendance, Behavior, Coursework + Parent/Family Engagement (ABC+P)
- Provide overall case management to identified students and deliver evidence-based interventions/research driven and supports, based on student and school needs
- Regularly and systematically collect, report, and interpret student data (weekly)
- Regularly, at least quarterly, monitor and adjust the progress toward meeting goals in the School Support Plan, and the progress of individual students, and adjust interventions and supports as needed
- Connect with parent or legal guardian of identified case managed students
- Provide timely reports with data and program information to direct supervisor
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to students, families and the community.
- Awareness and strong concern for the needs of children, youth and their families.
- Understanding of school cultures and trends.
- Ability to work across teams and with multiple supervisors, both on and off-site.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, public administration, social services or related field is required.
- Certified/licensed professional preferred (i.e., teacher, social worker, counselor, mental health).
- 2 years of applicable work experience in the education, youth development and/or mental health field.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license and insurance.
- Technologically proficient in all office technology systems including developing spread sheets, word processing, email, webinars, and Facetime.
- Previous experience in a student data or case management system highly preferred.
Surrounding students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Increased attendance, improved behavior and satisfactory coursework, in addition to parent and family engagement, are the cornerstones of our work. We call it the ABC + P model. Our school-based student support specialists identify students in danger of not achieving their potential, assess student needs and provide wrap-around interventions and resources to change the picture of education one student at a time. See how we removed barriers and empowered more than 230,000 students across North Carolina to achieve.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 403(b). We offer paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Our team is friendly, fun and collaborative. We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to be off during the month of July!
Apply Now: https://bit.ly/3LRJlLN