Donor Relations & Communications Specialist
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion– it is our mission. As the State Office for North Carolina, we deliver CIS programs across the state and we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do.
Donor Relations & Communications Specialist
Position is based in Raleigh
About the Role:
The Donor Relations & Communications Specialist reports to the Vice President of External Affairs and collaborates with colleagues across the organization, especially with the program and finance teams. This position takes an active role in creating appealing communications for a variety of constituencies (donors, Board members, Network Affiliates and more) to tell the story of CISNC and the amazing students we serve. Using knowledge of compelling written and visual storytelling, the Donor Relations & Communications Specialist works with the Communications Manager and Resource Development & Communications team to craft a variety of pieces for print, email, and online fundraising campaigns. As an integral part of the Resource Development & Communications team, this position also manages core donor stewardship functions including maintaining the organization’s donor database. The Donor Relations & Communications Specialist supports Department & Communications functions and organization special events.
Fundraising, Communications, & Donor Relations (85% of time)
- Develops strategies to attract and engage new individual donors and recapture LYBNT/SYBNT donors
- Collaborates with the RDC team as lead graphic designer for monthly e-newsletter(s), coordinated digital and print fundraising campaigns, annual report, and more
- Creates written and graphic assets of fundraisers, events, Board tools, episodes.
- Creates videos and podcast episodes
- Supports CIS Affiliates across the state with digital fundraising and communications best practices
- Supports ongoing website upkeep and social media strategies
- Oversees the creation and mailing of gift acknowledgement letters to donors
Database Management (15% of time)
- Accurately captures and maintains all donor information, gift information and moves management information in Little Green Light
- In collaboration with Finance, prepares accurate and timely reports each month
- Supports annual special events including The Bash, Donor Breakfast, Statewide Impact Conference and others.
- Other duties as assigned
Accountability & dependability, decision making & judgment, initiative, planning & organizing, thoroughness and writing & graphics.
Job Specific Competencies:
Persuasive oral and written communication skills, fundraising, creative & innovative thinking, graphic design proficiency, ethics & integrity, financial management, relationship building, and results focused.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in communications, fundraising, marketing, nonprofit organization experience, or similar field
- Strong oral, written and graphic design skills
- Technology savvy in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, SharePoint Adobe Illustrator or similar programs.
- Trustworthy, willing to share information and be a team player
What we offer:
- You can make a difference in helping kids stay in school!
- You will work in a collaborative, mission-focused, employer of choice organization.
- You will have an opportunity to use your relationship-building strengths and initiative to build a community of support that empowers students to achieve.
- CISNC offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement savings with employer match, generous paid-time-off and paid holidays.
Communities In Schools of North Carolina is committed to a workforce that is representative of the varied communities we are privileged to serve. We provide a work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Communities In Schools of North Carolina prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
To apply: https://jsco.re/c4pud