Administrative Assistant – Rocky Mount, NC
Rocky Mount, NC
Part-time (20-25 hours per week)
This position serves as the confidential Administrative Assistant for the office staff of CIS Rocky Mount. As the main point of contact for the office, the individual has full responsibility for all office administrative tasks. As the Administrative Assistant, the individual will greet visitors and guests, order office supplies, prepare/process all incoming checks for deposit, maintain fundraising databases, manage events in conjunction with the directors, be a liaison with all vendors, office cleaning, and provide support to the Board of Directors as needed. Additionally, he/she will assist the Executive Director and Program Director as requested.
- Manage internal and external communications (phone, email, voice mail, USPS mail, and deliveries)
- Create documents such as Word, Excel and Publisher materials
- Manage fundraising databases to include data entry, file maintenance, and mail merges for labels using Excel and Little Green Light.
- Must be able to take detailed notes/minutes with accuracy and professional grammar at all meetings as needed (Board and staff)
- Assist with coordination of events, attend and support CIS Rocky Mount sponsored events
- Maintain documentation/related administrative systems as requested by the Executive Director
- Order supplies for Rocky Mount office and program staff as approved by the Executive Director
- Maintain organizational documentation updates (contact information-board and staff, etc.)
- Open and distribute mail
- Prepare checks for deposit and record information on database
- Send thank you letters and other correspondence to contributors
- Keep the office space appearance in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Answer phones and check voicemail line
- Manage daily newspaper delivery including retrieving articles which are relevant for CIS Rocky Mount
- Schedule Zoom, MS Teams, and Skype Meetings.
- Communication: listens to others and communicates in an effective manner, open and honest
- Customer Focus: provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Decision Making & Judgement: make timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Initiative: reasonably resolves issues, problems, or situations
- Interpersonal Skills: gets along and interacts positively with coworkers and others
- Technology Skills: fluent with Microsoft Office suite, QuickBooks; understands how web browsers work, data input
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation and strong positive attitude
- Technical fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, QuickBooks
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse team
- Must be detail-oriented, multi-task capable, well organized, and able to work independently and in teams
- May be required to travel to certain events
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to see, hear, speak
- Must be able to move about the office
Associates degree preferred with 3 years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience
NOTE: The information above is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, origin, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment