Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) Rocky Mount, NC
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a national leader in the CIS network, breaking new ground in service delivery and programs. Established in 1989, Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is part of the national Communities In Schools network. We are a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future.
At Communities In Schools of NC, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion– it is our mission. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 children under the age of 18 live in poverty leading to challenges outside the classroom that stand in the way of success inside the classroom. Communities In Schools works directly inside schools, building one-on-one relationships that empower students to succeed at school and in life. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
- Manage internal and external communications (phone, email, voice mail, USPS mail, and deliveries)
- Create documents such as Word, Excel and Publisher materials
- Manage fundraising databases to include data entry, file maintenance, and mail merges for labels
- Must be able to take detailed notes/minutes with accuracy and professional grammar at all meetings as needed (Board and staff)
- Assist with coordination of events, attend and support CIS Rocky Mount sponsored events
- Maintain documentation/related administrative systems as requested by the Executive Director
- Order supplies for Rocky Mount office and program staff as approved by the Executive Director
- Maintain organizational documentation updates (contact information-board and staff, etc.)
- Open and distribute mail
- Prepare checks for deposit and record information on database
- Send thank you letters and other correspondence to contributors
- Keep the office space appearance in a neat, clean, and orderly manner
- Answer phones and check voicemail line
- Manage daily newspaper delivery including retrieving articles which are relevant for CIS Rocky Mount
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation and strong positive attitude
- Technical fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse team
- Must be detail-oriented, multi-task capable, well organized and able to work independently and in teams
- May be required to travel to certain events
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to see, hear, speak
- Must be able to move about the office
Associates degree preferred with 3 years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience
The position is located within the Rocky Mount area. Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality are required. Regular and satisfactory performance including meeting all process deadlines and stated deliverables is required.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug test required. Financial credit check and driving record check required, if applicable.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”).
Apply now! https://bit.ly/3gwZr1D