Student Support Specialist – Concord, NC
Student Support Specialist
(two open positions)
Communities In Schools of North Carolina and the Cabarrus County School District are seeking a Student Support Specialist who will coordinate integrated student supports.
We are recruiting for two Student Support Specialists positions – one at Royal Oaks School of the Arts and one at Concord Middle School. The Student Support Specialist is responsible for overall program management, partnership development, and working with a local advisory board. The SSS will use the CIS Model to identify and assess the needs of identified at-risk youth (case managed students), while coordinating Tier 1 interventions and supports to the whole school population. This is a regular full-time position, however, you are off each summer for one month (usually July).
- Coordinate successful implementation of the CIS Model and TQS Student Support Standards
- Collaborate with school staff to assess, identify and prioritize student needs
- Coordinate and lead a School Support team, responsible for planning and managing all CIS operations at the school site
- Conduct an annual needs assessment using multiple sources of data, to be used as the foundation for the school support plan
- Develop comprehensive School Support Plan, noting Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions and supports
- Provide overall case management to identified students and deliver evidence-based interventions and supports, based on student and school needs
- Regularly and systematically collect, enter and report student data
- Regularly, at least quarterly, monitor the progress toward meeting goals in the School Support Plan, and the progress of individual students, and adjust Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions and supports as needed
- Connect with parent or legal guardian of identified case managed students
- Provide timely reports with data and program information to direct supervisor
- Present the CIS mission, vision and initiatives within the community as needed
- Recruit, train and manage community volunteers as needed
- Provide leadership, as requested, in securing community resources and partners beneficial in improving students’ physical and academic needs
- Participate in personal and professional staff development, including CISNC and National CIS training
- Facilitate advisory board meetings
- Assist with local fundraising, grant management, and events
- Perform other duties necessary for the successful operation of programs as assigned
- Ability to see, hear, speak and travel
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Masters Degree preferred in social work, education, or counseling is required, along with a certification in teaching, school social work, or guidance counseling. Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 2 years of applicable work experience in the education field.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Sensitivity to and strong concern for the needs of children, youth and their families
- Technologically proficient in all office technology systems including spread sheeting, word processing, email, Skype, and Facetime
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, completing assignments in a thorough, accurate and timely manner
- Ability to perform required project tasks independently
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to work across teams and with multiple supervisors, both on and off-site
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future. Learn more at www.cisnc.org, and stay connected with CISNC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Please apply at https://jsco.re/7pgh6