Part-Time Parent Coordinator – Rocky Mount, NC
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a national leader in the CIS network, breaking new ground in service delivery and programs. Established in 1989, Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is part of the national Communities In Schools network. We are a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future.
At Communities In Schools of NC, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion – it is our mission. In North Carolina, 1 in 5 children under the age of 18 live in poverty leading to challenges outside the classroom that stand in the way of success inside the classroom. Communities In Schools works directly inside schools, building one-on-one relationships that empower students to succeed at school and in life. We achieve our mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
The Parent Coordinator will serve as the part time day to day contact at the Williford Family Resource center performing administrative and clerical duties, answering the phones and greeting clients.
Accountability & dependability, communication, customer focus, continual learning, initiative and planning & organizing.
Job Specific Competencies
Adaptability& flexibility, creative & innovative thinking, ethics & integrity, confidence, developing others, initiative and influencing others.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to students, families and the community.
- Awareness and strong concern for the needs of children, youth and their families.
- Understanding of school cultures and trends.
- Ability to work across teams and with multiple supervisors, both on and off-site.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, public administration, social services or related field is required.
- Certified/licensed professional preferred (i.e., teacher, social worker, counselor, mental health).
- 2 years of applicable work experience in the education, youth development and/or mental health field.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license and insurance.
- Technologically proficient in all office technology systems including developing spread sheets, word processing, email, Skype, and Facetime.
- Previous experience in a student data or case management system highly preferred.
The position is located within the Rocky Mount area. Regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality are required. Regular and satisfactory performance including meeting all process deadlines and stated deliverables is required.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Criminal background check and pre-employment drug test required. Financial credit check and driving record check required, if applicable.