Office Manager/ Executive Assistant
About Communities in Schools:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion– it is our mission. As the State Office for North Carolina, we deliver CIS programs across the state and we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
This position serves as the director of first impressions as he/she is the first point of contact for vendors and donors. The Office Manager will be the main point of contact for all office administrative tasks. He/She will manage events and tasks for all teams of the state office (50% of time), order and maintain office supplies in accordance with budget (10% of time), be liaison with all vendor support providers (20% of time), provide full support for Board and committee meetings (10% of time), and provide assistance as requested by CEO (10% or less of time).
- Schedule and manage office meetings (including catering, scheduling of conference rooms/zoom, etc.)
- Manage all administrative duties associated with CISNC Staff and Board Meetings as well as logistics and organization of these meetings
- Host, present, and monitor zoom meetings as requested
- Must be able to take detailed minutes with accuracy and professional grammar at all Board meetings
- Update and maintain CISNC Website’s board portal
- Coordinate, attend and support events sponsored by CISNC and partners as needed
- Assist the team with communication both internal and external (email, phone, written)
- Manage third party vendors: cell and office phones, IT, printer/office equipment, landlord on CISNC’s office space, Zoom, Monday.com, and others as needed
- Company cellphones: prepare phones and install necessary apps for staff
- Work with IT Vendor WorkSmart on laptop warranty purchases
- Maintain other documentation/related admin systems as requested by the Executive Leadership Team
- Order office supplies for staff office and Student Support/Direct Service Staff across the state
- Maintain organizational documentation updates (contact information of board, email distribution lists, and equipment inventory lists, etc.)
- Assist Human Resources/Finance with onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Open and distribute mail including logging all checks on cash control document (daily)
- Maintain control of organization’s credit cards and collect/manage related invoices
- Approve and code office invoices that are received for joint organizational costs
- Executive Assistance: Calendar management, assist with travel, logistics, appointments, receipt collection and reporting, prepare PowerPoint presentations, and other duties as requested.
- Use and update documents on SharePoint
- Maintain the CIS calendar on SharePoint
- Maintain postage machines and prepare shipments via UPS/USPS
- Keep the office space appearance in a neat, clean and orderly manner, including ordering condiment supplies
- Greet and welcome visitor to offices
- Answer phones at the main incoming line
- Other administrative or project duties as assigned
- Attend monthly DEI training
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Service orientation and strong positive attitude
- Advanced technical fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Graphics design software experience preferred (Adobe, Canva, InDesign, etc.), web software.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to work with a diverse team
- Executive Support experience
- Must be detail-oriented, multi-task capable, well organized and able to work independently and in teams
- May be required to travel for certain events
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must be able to see, hear, speak
- Must be able to move about the office
- Must be able to travel, including overnight, upon occasion to provide event support
- Associates degree and 5 plus years of related experience or a bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of related experience.
About Communities In Schools of North Carolina
Communities In Schools of North Carolina (CISNC) is a leading partner in providing Integrated Student Supports or wraparound services to propel student success in more than 300 schools across the state. Based directly inside schools, student support specialists connect students and their families to evidence-based services and supports, as well as critical educational and community-based resources, to increase attendance, improve behavior, enhance coursework and engage more parents and families in student success. Tailored to each student’s specific needs, student support specialists create personalized toolkits for success and an educational experience where students can learn, thrive and power the future. Learn more at www.cisnc.org, and stay connected with CISNC on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Apply Today: https://bit.ly/3Ewnlnp