Northeast Region Development Associate (Temp/Contract)
Position Overview: The Northeast Region Development Associate reports to the VP of External Affairs and focuses on developing donor messaging and pipelines in Granville and Halifax counties for the purpose of raising the profile of CIS in these communities and building a strong donor base. Duties include corporate, community, and individual donor prospecting and qualifying in identified counties; supporting the creation of a cohesive messaging strategy tailored to the region and creating a targeted multi-channel fundraising campaign. Position will also support cultivation and placement of earned media pieces. Grant funded position from February 2024- June 2024 (with possibility of limited extension).
- Attend regional listening sessions (2 planned)
- Use various software tools to develop and qualify corporate, community and individual donor/partner prospects
- Assist with the formation of a cohesive message strategy for the region
- Use strategy to inform creation of a multi-channel fundraising campaign that raises the profile of CIS in the region
- Independent self-starter with a passion for mission-driven organizations
- Demonstrated experience with nonprofit donor prospecting and prospect qualification using various databases
- Demonstrated experience crafting a targeted fundraising campaign
- Strong persuasive writing skills
- Research-oriented and able to manage and hit deadlines with limited oversight
- Trustworthy, ability to handle and store confidential information with a high degree of sensitivity
- BA in communications, journalism, nonprofit, or similar degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years of nonprofit fundraising with demonstrated experience crafting fundraising appeals preferred
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.