About Communities In Schools of North Carolina:
At Communities In Schools, we are “all-in” for kids. It is our passion– it is our mission. As the State Office for North Carolina, we deliver CIS programs across the state and we collaborate with local affiliate organizations, to provide resources and create communities of caring adults who work hand-in-hand with educators to make sure young people have the tools they need to stay in school and achieve in life. Communities In Schools is the nation’s largest dropout prevention organization, serving 1.5 million students in 2,400 sites across the country. We achieve this mission by hiring bright, creative, and innovative team members who have a passion for what we do. At CISNC, we value relationships, collaboration, learning, integrity and commitment.
The Communications Manager contributes to our mission by building brand awareness and raising the profile of CIS across North Carolina. The Communications Manager manages all internal print collateral, marketing, PR, and media, and creates communications content and collateral for all storytelling and fundraising efforts. This position manages CISNC’s messaging, communications campaigns, materials, media narratives, develop CIS thought leadership voice on relevant issues, and supports the organization’s social/digital presence.
This is an exciting time to join the CISNC team. This position will serve as one of four national CIS Brand Ambassadors to help CISNC and the National Office tell a more compelling and memorable story about our mission and work through our marketing campaign, national advertising, video storytelling initiatives, media outreach and social and digital efforts. The Communications Manager will partner with the National Branding and Communications Team on efforts to amplify national communications efforts across our region.
- Builds CIS Voice & Brand:
- Leads media relations and earned media strategy through a Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion lens ensuring the placement of timely thought leadership pieces, localized stories, and media efforts that build brand awareness for CIS and our affiliates state-wide
- Design and produce all communications collateral for the organization; includes materials needed for internal & external audiences, Board of Directors support, annual Impact Conference, and other events.
- Supports the development of the CISNC website and social media platforms.
- Builds media relationships and lists to drive strategic placement of CIS stories and messages
- Drive the content and creation of the CISNC podcast
- Supports the National Office of CIS by consulting on the development of communications resources for the CIS network.
- Content Collection and Curation:
- Generate stories/blog content/photos to be used in CIS communications tools and campaigns.
- Collect stories/blog content/photos to be used in national communications campaigns benefiting the CIS network.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive internal story bank
- Network Engagement:
- Work directly with affiliates for critical branding, media or digital campaigns to ensure greater network participation and message consistency
- Develop new methods and approaches to sharing CIS data with the community to tell student and family stories
- Write communications briefs on current trends, equipping network leaders with effective language and communication tools to use for resource development, partner engagement and communications/pr efforts
- Teach story curation and message strategy to the Network and support Network story development and distribution
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or a related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing/communications; with an understanding of the organizational elements of marketing, advertising, PR, media and digital media.
- Demonstrated success building media relationships and pitching stories that garner coverage
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, InDesign, WordPress, Adobe Illustrator.
- Relationship building
- Results focused
- Development & continual learning
- Accountability & dependability
- Valuing diversity.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Writing and speaking
- Customer focus
- Managing projects and relationships
- Organization, planning and thoroughness
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
- Must be able to type, see, speak and hear
- Must be able to move about the office
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs. on an intermittent basis
- Must maintain a high level of cognitive function to direct the operations of this strategic function
- Remote at the moment but will be based in the Raleigh, NC office twice a week.
We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) and MORE!!! We offer paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Our team is friendly, fun and collaborative.